Is your tank site plan drawn to scale and does it include the following information?
- Name and address of building
- Plan date
- Owner of the building
- Name and address of applicant submitting plans
- Design Professional’s name & address
- Locations of tanks in relation to property lines & buildings
- Sizes and capacity of tanks
- Products & their classifications in each tank
- Locations of fuel dispensing units
- Location of Kerosene dispensing units in relation to Gasoline dispensing units
- Location of tank fills with API color coding
- Location of emergency electrical shut-offs
- Location, size, & rating of portable fire extinguishers
- Location and type of collision protection
- Location of safety signs
- Manufacturer’s specifications for dispensing units
- Manufacturer’s specifications for fusible/shear links
- Manufacturer’s specifications for breakaway connector for each hose
Do you have the following items ready for submittal?
- One (1) copy of your tank site plans and specifications
- Application for Fire Protection Plan Review
- Tank Plan Review Fee: Multiply the construction costs by $0.007 for the first million, and $0.003 over the first million (check, money order, or cashier’s check made payable to State of Delaware) NO CASH. A minimum $150.00 Tank Plan Review Fee is required for any plan submittal.
Installations Required To Be Submitted
- All flammable & combustible liquid installations
- All flammable gas installations
- LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) installations
- Consumer sites having an aggregate water capacity of 1000 gallons or more of above ground tank storage
- Portable cylinder exchanges at consumer sites or dispensing stations, where not connected for use, and in storage for resale or exchange by dealer or reseller
- Sites & locations where LPG is dispensed by a retail operation to the public, regardless of tank storage capacity.
- ALL Compressed gasses and cryogenic fluids
Related Topics: plan review, Tank Plan Submittal, technical services