Is your building plan drawn to scale and does it include the following information?
- Name and address of building
- Owner of the building
- Name and address of applicant submitting plans
- Design Professional’s name and address
- Detailed construction information
- Narrative description of building occupancy and operation;
- Full height cross section plan of building including all vertical openings, shafts, enclosures, etc.
- Note whether building is to be sprinkled and, if so, what areas
- Detailed HVAC information
- Specific information on all means of egress components including clear widths, fire resistance rating, direction swing of doors and locking mechanisms on exit doors
- Location of all “hazardous areas” as defined in the Life Safety Code, NFPA 101
- Floor plan of seats, tables, displays, decorations, etc. in all places of assembly which do not have fixed seating or displays
- Electrical plan including location of exit signs and emergency lighting when required
- Detailed information pertaining to any detection or alarm systems to be installed including but not limited to the make, type and location of all associated equipment
- Narrative description of proposed method for sealing penetrations of fire rated assemblies.
- For new buildings that will include automatic sprinklers, the
Preliminary Sprinkler Form and applicable attachments are required to be submitted with building plans
- For installations of new fire pumps driven by an electric motor please refer to Electrical Plans for Fire Pumps. Approval documentation will need to accompany the building plan submittal.
Do you have the following items ready for submittal?
- One (1) copy of your building construction plans
- Application for Fire Protection Plan Review
- Building Plan Review Fee: Multiply the construction costs by $0.007 for the first million, and $0.003 over the first million. A check, money order, or cashier’s check is to be made payable to State of Delaware) NO CASH. A minimum $150.00 Building Plan Review Fee is required for plan submittal.
Related Topics: building code, Building Plan Submittal, plan review, technical services