Is your building plan drawn to scale and does it include the following information?
- Name and address of the building
- Owner of the building
- Design Professional’s name and address, including stamp and signature
- Detailed construction information
- Full height cross section plan of building including all vertical openings, shafts, enclosures, etc.
- Detailed HVAC information, including size of AHU (tons or cfms) and fuel source (elec, gas, oil)
- Specific information on all means of egress components including clear widths, fire resistance rating, direction swing of doors, and locking mechanisms on exit doors
- Location of all “hazardous areas” as defined in the Life Safety Code, NFPA 101
- Floor plan of seats, tables, displays, decorations, etc. in all places of assembly which do not have fixed seating or displays
- Electrical plan including location of exit signs and emergency lighting when required
- Narrative description of proposed method for sealing penetrations of fire rated assemblies
Do you have the following items ready for submittal?
- For new buildings that will include automatic sprinklers, the Preliminary Sprinkler Form and applicable attachments are required to be submitted with building plans
- For installations of new fire pumps driven by an electric motor please refer to Electrical Plans for Fire Pumps. Approval documentation will need to accompany the building plan submittal.
- One (1) copy of your building construction plans. Narrative description of building occupancy and operations.
- Application for Fire Protection Plan Review
- Complete tax parcel number
- Please complete using the property, subdivision, or complex name that best identifies the property. When there are multiple buildings, please identify which building to be constructed.
- Building Plan Review Fee: For any project less than $21,428.57, a minimum $150.00 fee is required for plan submittal. Multiply the construction costs by $0.007 for the first million, and $0.003 over the first million. A check, money order, or cashier’s check is to be made payable to State of Delaware. NO CASH
Related Topics: building code, Building Plan Submittal, plan review, technical services